Sunday, December 13, 2009

Regrets....

Regrets are those things that make you go hmmmm, I wish I would have done "blank." Or they can be the opposite and then it's I wish I wouldn't have done "whatever." Do we all have regrets? I'm sure we do but in the end we have to be comfortable enough to live with the decisions that were made at that time. To let the person we were then shape the person we are now.

That's not to say that one should not have regrets but the issue is more can you accept what you did or did not do and be able to move on?

There are many times I find myself saying "if I had the chance to do it over I would do it differently." Through the years I'm finding that the things I regret are the things that I didn't do when I had the chance versus the things that I did do.

I would much rather have the option of saying, "man, I won't do that again" over "well I guess I'll never get the chance to do that." Not having the chance to do something that you want to do will always leave you with a feeling of emptiness and not knowing how the situation would have ended. You will always have that feeling of what if, if you choose to not do something that deep down you wanted to do.

For example, I have always wanted to go to Mardi Gras, and come back to Ohio with a whole lot of beads. Yes, I know that I can still go, but now it wouldn't be the same. I will always know that I didn't get to experience New Orleans as it was meant to be experienced.

Does that mean that I will always run out and do something crazy? No, but it does mean that I will more times than not give something a chance, if I don't like it I never have to do it again.

I am staring to see how my past choices made me into the person I am now, sorta crazy, hella funny and willing to try new things with a slight push. Hey I'm trying to not live with regrets not go totally buck wild. Just my thoughts for this evening...enjoy ;~)

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has regrets, and we all wish this and that, but end the end we are who we are and live as and with who we are. I wouldn't change many things, I like the person I've become (most of the time) and enjoy the life I lead! I believe we should all be proud of the individuals we are and rejoice in the person we have become and to the people that we chose to let into our lives and live with us or as a part of us! Life is good

    ReplyDelete