Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm worth how much?

I never wanted to have to downplay how good I am or undervalue myself so that someone else can feel important. But I have done just that. From that situation I have learned one real lesson and it has become my new personal motto: Never let someone else diminish your shine.

If going into a situation for untrue purposes, you can sometimes dull your shine to the point where you will start to believe that your value has diminished. Then once you truly display the full measure of your being it can cause conflict and anxiety with those who once thought themselves more valuable than you.

They will find ways to try and pull you down to their level or below just so that they can try to continue to feel superior. This is an easy situation to fall into, letting others determine your self worth, if you don't first put your own value on yourself. I know I'm good. At what? Everything. Okay not everything, but for the most part I'm a pretty smart, highly educated self sufficient woman who has settled into a comfortable life.

I don't feel the need to brag on my accomplishments consistently, "Hello I have two degrees, it's do nice to meet you." I simply give my first name when I'm introduced, I'll let whomever form the opinion of me they want. For the most part I don't care about what anyone thinks if me, and that right there is why I'm not perfect. I lack social skills, but knowing your weaknesses and choosing not to change is not the same as being ignorant of what you are lacking.

From recent events that have occurred in my life me and only me will be determining my self worth. Caution I have a mouth and an opinion and from now on I will be using them.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment